Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Homeaway! Another business already there.

I have friends that have vacation homes in different parts of the country, but they are not always there. Hence the "vacation" part. To me it seemed like a waste of money to have a house sit there with no one in it for long periods of time. Why not rent it out when you are not there? A website could host the search for vacation houses to rent. Especially now in down economic times a vacation house is perfect for a family. It would be cheaper than a hotel and more private. Well... it is already here.





Homeaway is a website I just heard about today. I am so excited for this company. They have a lot of growth potential and I am excited to see where they go with their website. A vacation homeowner can go on and post their home for $299 per year, which can be recouped quickly. Take some time to go on and surf around on their website. They have sample rental contracts, seminars, how to rent your home guides, and many more resources. A little extra income never hurt anyone. :)

3 comments:

Greg said...

I like it Blake-- now if only I could come up with any good business ideas! I remember reading in a book as a kid about an idea of putting a prize (like cracker jacks) in the middle of a bar of soap so that kids would wash their hands more often. I wonder if anybody ever did that? I guess we all use liquid soap now... :)

tonia said...

I like gregs idea as well. You still could put a toy in the liquid. You could make it like a eye spy game. I know that my kids would do it.

Blake said...

Those are great ideas. I knew a guy in Canada that is using soap to advertise. First they take a bar of soap that has a small advertisement on it. They then put it in a dispenser. The dispenser cuts a small sliver of the soap out and dispenses it with a portion of liquid soap. Brilliant! I know I would have a hard time not seeing it. That is a great idea!